The main goal of ESN is to pursue innovative research projects. The projects are funded by ESN and conducted by our members. The ESN research chair and the ESN research manager coordinate the projects and support the publication process. Did you know that one of our earlier projects – in 1996 – investigated consumer preferences for coffee in different European countries?
- Vaikma, H. (2022). Sustainability and Consumer Behaviour: Literature Review. Published by the European Sensory Network (ESN). Download PDF
- Porcherot C., Raviot-Derrien S., Beague M., Henneberg S., Niedziela M., Ambroze K., McEwan JA (2022). Effect of context on fine fragrance-elicited emotions: Comparison of three experimental methodologies. Food Quality and Preference, 95.
- Varela, P., Mosca, A.C. Nguyen, Q.C., McEwan, J.A. and Berget, I. (2021). Individual Differences Underlying Satiation, Food Intake and Liking in Semisolid Foods. Food Quality and Preference, 87.
- Worch, T., Sinesio, F., Moneta, E., Abbà, S., Dreyfuss, L., McEwan, J.A. and Porcherot-Lassallette, C. (2020). Influence of different test conditions on the emotional responses elicited by beers. Food Quality and Preference, 83.
- Mosca, A.C., Torres, A.P., Slob, E., de Graaf, E., McEwan, J.A. and Stieger, M. (2019). Small Food Texture Modifications Can be Used to Change Oral Processing Behaviour and to Control Ad Libitum Food Intake. Appetite, 142.
- Sinesio, F., Moneta, E., Porcherot, C., Abbà, S., Dreyfuss, L., Guillamet, K., Bruyninckx, S., Laporte, C., Henneberg, S. and McEwan, J.A. (2019). Do Immersive Techniques Help to Capture Consumer Reality? Food Quality and Preference, 77, 123–134.
- Sulmont-Rossé, C., Drabek, R., Almli, V.L., van Zyl, H., Silva, A.P., Kern, M., McEwan, J.A. and Ares, G. (2019). A Cross-Cultural Perspective on Feeling Good in the Context of Foods and Beverages. Food Research International, 115, 292-301.
- Thomas, A., Chambault, M., Dreyfuss, L., Gilbert, C.C., Hegyie, A., Henneberg, S., Knippertzg, A., Kostyra, E., Kremeri, S., Silva, A.P. and Schlich, P. (2017). Measuring Temporal Liking Simultaneously to Temporal Dominance of Sensations in Several Intakes. An Application to Gouda Cheeses in 6 Europeans Countries. Food Research International, 99, 426-434.
- Mojet, J, Dürrschmid, K., Danner, L., Jöchl, M., Heiniö, R-L., Holthuysen, N. and Köster, E.P. (2015). Are Implicit Emotion Measurements Evoked by Food Unrelated to Liking. Food Research International, 76, 224-232.
- McEwan, J.A. (1998). Harmonizing Sensory Evaluation Internationally. Food Technology, 52(4), 52-56.
- ESN (1996). A European Sensory and Consumer Study: A Case Study on Coffee. Published by Campden BRI.